Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog #2: History of Internet Response

The History of the Internet clip was a brief but pretty succinct telling of how the Internet came to be. I think what struck me the most about this clip was the realization that the Internet only has been around for a short amount of time. The date starts at 1957 and rapidly progresses from there. I think that today we take the Internet for granted (I know I for sure do), feeling as though we have always had access to other people and information through this medium. This clip also reinforced what was talked about in lecture on Wednesday, re-emphasizing that the Internet had a lot of its origins with military purposes as well as with things such as nuclear attack --who knows if we would be where we are today if it weren't for those circumstances back in the 50's and 60's? Graphics were pretty cool and helped visualize what was being said.

No comments:

Post a Comment