Sunday, September 19, 2010

"History of the Internet"


I feel that the video that we were asked to watch, "History of the Internet", was rather boring. History can a hard subject to teach because it is a lot of facts that you are expected to memorize. Teachers should strive to teach history in a more interactive way that goes beyond simply stating the facts. I value that the video was an effort to make the history more tangible by including visuals but I do not think that it ended up succeeding.

I did not like the video because I felt that it was not at all interactive and that I was just getting facts thrown at me. I was most disappointed with the lack of color in the video. While the pictures tried to help tell the story of the internet I felt that they did not add anything to the video. I wish that they had included color because I feel that it would have greatly enhanced the video. If it had been more visually stimulating I would have learned more. I unfortunately do not think I walked away from the video learning more than we had already learned in class. I feel that if I watched the video a few more times I would probably learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment