Monday, October 11, 2010

Practicum 1

I have been spending time looking for a specialized interest site that I found interesting and landed on a home brewing discussion board. I joined the board this this afternoon. I have a roommate who has been into home brewing for a few years now. I have helped him with a few batches and the process is interesting and pretty fun. So far I have introduced myself to the board, as requested by the admin for all newcomers, I haven't gotten any replies back yet. There are topics and discussion boards on All Grain/Advanced, Recipes, Reviews of brewing equipment, Upcoming Events, and even Non-brewing discussions for just shooting the shit with other beer lovers. The board also has links to some other brewing websites such ashttp://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?board=18.0, which is the blog admin's website. The age range of the website seems fairly widespread with myself being on the younger side (obviously only being 21), but there are a handful of brewing enthusiasts in my age group. Finally, there are some other tabs where you can report bugs, contact the admin directly, and exchange information on a more personal level. It seems like a cool little discussion so far after day 1 and I'm ready to get my feet wet on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment