Monday, September 20, 2010

Blog 2: History of the Internet

I thought the "History of the Internet" video was a great supplement to last week's lecture on ARPANET and the origins of the internet. It was packed with additional information that provided context for the political and social factors which led to the development of the vast networks which cover the globe today. Before last week's lecture and watching this video, I had only a vague sense of how the internet functioned, imagining invisible information floating around somewhere above our heads. I now have a decent grasp of the fundamentals of networking and information sharing. Perhaps this will make me less furious when our crappy and overpriced Charter internet stops working without warning, but probably not.

As for the video itself, I found it rather dry and unimaginative. The animation was repetitive and boring, and the information came so fast that it was hard to digest all at once. I did like the narrator's accent, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment