Monday, September 20, 2010

Blog 2: History of the Internet

I felt that this video was a great help into understanding the history of the internet. Not only did I love the British voice-over (which makes everything sound more sophisticated), but the animations demonstrating the differences in the connections and networks, helped give me a full picture of growth of the internet. My question is now that we have this multi-networked internet, which seems endless, is it actually protected? Hackers are certainly a problem today, but in the future it could come more dangerous. What if a country was attacked, could someone use the internet to disable the country or are there certain protection “nodes” or “transmissions” that can stand against hacking? I don’t know much about computers, but it can create a fear for people in the future if we become too technologically dependent.

No comments:

Post a Comment