Thursday, September 30, 2010

Practicum Post #1- Christopher

My assigned project is playing ARIS on my iphone.

So what is ARIS? I tried to find the answers on their official website first. After going through the website, I was still very confused about what ARIS exactly is. It sounds like you can see slide shows about the history and information about the the location you are at through you iphone. And the majority of the website was contributed to (proudly) introduce all the badger developers and contributors of this program.

Didn't find any useful information, I decided to download the app and figure it out my self. The app is free. It requested my location after installing. Three nearby games were found. I guess this indicates that I need to be physically at the selected locations to be able to play the game. The nearest one (.6 Kilometers away) available is called: UW Campus Tour. A frame of "Quests" popped up. I guess I need to finish a series of tasks, or go to a series of locations to play the game. The first Quest says that I need to walk to the front of entrance of Memorial union to start the game. And there is a GPS tab available to show me the way.

Unfortunately, my first time of exploring the wonderful game of ARIS needs to stop here, since I can't walk to Memorial Union right now. Hopefully I could remember to open this app again the next time when I'm close to the Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment