Monday, October 4, 2010

Blog 3: "Holy Balls"

So I visited chat roulette for the first time this weekend with two of my roommates. I was warned, as many of you have have discussed, about the abundance of phallic regions that find their way into the camera's view on this website. I truly could not believe some of the men that were attempting to meet people by sharing that part of their anatomy.

On the other hand, it is a cool website in the sense that you can just start up a conversation about anything in the world, with anyone in the world, and do it via video chat. It was interesting to hear where some of the people were from around the world, and I did hear a couple interesting stories about meeting boyfriends/girlfriends through chatroulette. It is not a path I would take, but with the dating culture switching to more and more of an online medium for many people, chatroulette is an interesting alternative, and albeit, free option. I do not think that I will be visiting this site too much in the near future, but it was an interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment