Monday, October 4, 2010

Checking out MySpace

After hearing from a bunch of my friends about their unpleasant experiences on Chatroulette I decided to avoid that website altogether. Since the general consensus was that perverts mainly inhabit Chatroulette I can proudly say that I have STILL never used the website although I do think it would be cool if I was one of those people who happened to wind up chatting with someone famous. Knowing my luck I definitely would not be one of those people so I decided to check out MySpace which I have not been on since about ninth grade during which I temporarily had one but that was short-lived.

MySpace is easy to navigate and I searched for females from age 18 to 20 within the area. I found it amusing that the youngest age that you could search for was 18 because there are this implementation may make it seem like some sort of privacy is being enacted but I still feel that MySpace severely lacks safety regarding minors. It is extremely easy to lie about your age on MySpace. After reviewing around 15 profiles I concluded that MySpace has not changed much since I have last been on it. Most of the profile pictures are what is popularly known as the MySpace picture angle which is a self-taken portrait from above and most of the names included symbols like such as hearts and exclamation marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment