Thursday, October 14, 2010

Google Me?



Sorry I just have to throw it out there that my title for this blog is the same as the title of Kim Zolciak's (singer of Tardy for the Party and one of the ATL Housewives I have been following) new single, coincidence?

I had a few ideas about what I would find in google-ing myself because, I will admit, that I have done it before. In my previous Google searches, I would find results for my high school golf tournaments, any mentions of myself in the high school announcements, and also a link to my Facebook profile. Since I removed my Facebook profile from public searches, I did not expect to find any social networking sites when searching.

This week when I Googled myself, I was surprised to find various links to my Twitter profile. The links were to my own personal profile and also to a few of my “Followers” profiles, which I thought was surprising. This didn’t really bother me all that much because my Twitter profile is public, so I figure people might creep on it anyway. The part about it that bothers me is that it is the very first thing that pops up within the Google search. Another thing that creeped me out is that there are posts from Facebook groups on Twitter. I once posted my phone number on a friend’s group for a lost cell phone (just like many others do). The group must be available to the Public because my phone number is on Google & Facebook for anyone to see. I haven’t gotten any strange phone calls though so you can only find it if you know what you are looking for. Just like before, I still had results that showed from high school announcements but I had to dig a little deeper to find any of the golf scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment