Monday, October 18, 2010

My Google

There weren't really any surprises after I googled myself. The first thing on there was my LinkedIn profile followed by some facebook things. The odd thing about the facebook results was that my profile isn't one of the results, at least not in the first 5 pages. But instead groups that my full name is shared in come up. Beyond that there are a few newspaper articles I wrote followed by a lot of newspaper stories about my athletic career in high school and a little bit in college. There were not really any big surprises other than my facebook profile not really coming up at all. I can't say I'm worried about any of the things that came up in my google search, but I can see how if I have a friend that posts my name in a blog or anything else that I'm not aware of how I could end up showing up in a google search. What worries me more is if someone posts something negative that I don't want to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment