Friday, October 29, 2010

Practicum #2

I have begun trying new games on Kogregate. You can play random games on this site or try to get certain achievements. There are many different components a player can try to achieve or receive. I recently have been trying to check of my list of “badges.” They are similar to ‘badges’ of a boy/girl scout can get. One must get to a certain level of a game and complete specific challenges to get a badge. Once you get a certain amount of badges you can change your status of your ‘quest.’ Since I’m new, I have been trying to complete my beginner badges. Today I finished my third beginner badge! Total badass ☺ Today’s challenge I had to collect 20 purple stars on every level of the game “Flying Purple Power Eater.” The first level was really difficult because there were flying music notes on the screen, moving to the music. It was a sort of classical music selection and the notes moved in a waterfall movement. But the speed depended on the music, so sometimes it would go really fast and it made my eyes get really buggy. I didn’t want to blink because I was afraid I would miss the purple and yellow notes. The goal of the game was to grab yellow music notes, which were ‘good’ and purple notes that were ‘power.’ The red notes were bad and would steal your points. To grab the notes you had to touch them with your cursor, the more yellow and purple notes you grabbed the bigger your cursor got, so it would be easier to move around.
On the second level the music notes turned into snowflake, stars, moons, and sun shapes. These were a little easier to see, and I had a nicer song to listen too. They also didn’t move in a waterfall form and instead just appeared then would sink into blackness. I achieved the second level must faster than the first level.

The first screen shot is an example of the badges I still need on my ‘badge’ page




The second screen shot is a picture of the game after I finished the second level. I only went to the second level because that’s all I needed to achieve to get my badge, but after you get your badge you can continue because you ‘unlocked’ more options and powers. So you have more abilities.




The third screen shot is announcement of receiving my badge and the next badge that I need to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment