Monday, October 18, 2010

Practicum 4 - Erika

I'm presenting tomorrow as part of the "identity & social network" group, specifically talking about my blog. After the past week or so of lectures and through my personal experiences with blogging, I find that it does indeed constitute a form of identity formation online, that because of the new web 2.0 makes it possible for practically everyone to make something of their identity public in an online space. my question for discussion has a few parts to it....one, do you blog or do you follow someone else's blog? (excluding ca 346 blog) two, do you feel as though either through your own blog or through reading another you can form an identity through what you write or you can make inferences about someone else and get a sense of a part of their identity through their blog? lastly, are blogs a common way to stay "updated" on someone or does it seem like a "thing of the past"?

No comments:

Post a Comment