Monday, November 15, 2010

Plants v Zombies

After playing plants vs. zombies, I found myself looking at other games on the popcap website and laughing about the ones I used to play more when I was younger. It brought me back to my candystand.com days. I have to admit that I also found myself wanting more of the game (definitely not enough to purchase the full version, however). It is unbelievable the advertising that goes on while playing these games today. Back during the good old days of candystand.com and addictinggames.com everything was completely free and there usually weren't advertising commercials throughout that infamous round of mini golf. It's almost sad to see how the "free" (and I use that term lightly) online gaming community has changed for the worse to make money.

I thought the concept of plants vs. zombies was interesting. It is getting after that seemingly recent interest in the undead (from zombies or vampires), yet it is staying within the realm of acceptability for the younger crowd. I personally thought that it was a relatively captivating game, but I do not foresee myself going back to popcap games to play in the near future, at least I hope I won't be doing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment