Sunday, November 14, 2010

Practicum #2.


Two weeks ago.

It has been more then a month since I first started the game. The only reason I didn't continue playing was because I was required to physically be at certain locations to be able to play the game. And I unfortunately I always forgot about the game thus never got the chance to finish the first task assigned to me. I finally remembered it, and got the time to go and play the game. My first task was to go to the front of Memorial Union. I got there, it was freezing, so I went inside. I tried to look around in the app what I supposed to do next, but after ten mins, I still have no clue why it requested me to come here. So I went back outside, tried to find the exact spot it wanted to be, but I failed~ because GPS after all cannot be that accurate. I was really frustrated, and felt stupid the same time. I tried to look around the app again, and figured that it kind of want me to play a video kind of thingy. I tried to open the video, but the app froze right away. I'm not sure if it was because it was really cold outside, or the bad AT&T 3G network, or my stupid phone. I force-closed the app, and tried again, but it still didn't work. Being so cold and frustrated, I decided that I'm gonna call it a day.
I think the fact that this app requires you to be physically present at certain location really limited its market. I mean, if I have been in Madison for a long time, why would I want to use this app in the first place? Well, I agree that some people might be interested in the history of certain places in the city, but it doesn't allow me to skip the locations that I'm not interested, instead I have to follow the order of the places they arranged in head of time, which doesn't really make a lot of sense. If I am a visitor to the city, I don't really see why I would use this app either.

I was clearly not in a good mood when I wrote this post. lol. I really wish that I had time to go to the little gathering of players & developers of this app the other day, I would probably like this app more, or at least don't hate it this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment