Monday, November 8, 2010

YouTube vs. Hulu

I watched the video from the popular British show on YouTube.com which is, btw, the best singing contest show on our planet earth. And I watched a sketch from SNL last week on hulu.com. I think the overall experience is pretty similar on both sites. I'm not sure if it is because I also watched a TV show on YouTube. Because generally YouTube offer more fan-created materials.
For YouTube, I loved how there is no annoying advertisements between clips(or during the show). And if I want to rewatch something really quick, I don't need to wait for commercials to load.
For Hulu, the quality is definitely better compare with YouTube. And a lot of exclusive/copyright protect content could only be found here.
I would say people go to YouTube or Hulu for quite different purposes. And they will probably exist simultaneously. Though YouTube is trying to provide high definition and TV content now as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment