Monday, December 13, 2010

Practicum 5: Tyla

Due to the weather, I have had lots of time to play video games this weekend. Actually on Saturday night, that was all we did.

Exciting news! A friend of mine who plays Call of Duty found out that there is a code that you can type in to get an aerial view while playing zombies. You can actually kill them from this view, which is super sweet because you can see the zombies coming at you in all of the directions. It definitely takes away a little bit of the "realness" because you aren't viewing the screen from a first person view...and I kind of feel like I'm cheating the system. But, the creators of Call of Duty had the code available to find somewhere and they took the time to make the version with the aerial view, so I've told myself that it isn't cheating.

I also figured out something else while playing this weekend. The game starts with you (a Black Ops dude, except it's your "avatar," who you are when you play the game) sitting in a room in a chair and your wrists are strapped to the chair. There are cameras all around you and you can see out the door a little bit. Anyway, as difficult it is to explain..it's creepy! So what I found out is that you can break free from sitting in the chair. I always wanted to but didn't know how. This weekend someone showed me how. It was neat, anyway I will be blogging tonight again because I set up an appointment (a time for me to play against my brother in Milwaukee).

2 comments:

  1. Zombies is a great game, tons of fun. How far have you gotten so far? And what was the code, that would help out a ton. Also, at what point in the game did you break free from the chair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it?! I only got to level 11...I'm not that great..and I didn't do it by myself either!

    There are tons of different things you can unlock but you have to beat the campaign in order to do it. If you google COD Black Ops Zombies Code or something like that there are a bunch of websites that tell you how to do certain things!

    You can get out of the chair right away at the beginning and all you have to do is press the right and left triggers and his arms will break free.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete