Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Practicum 8: Tyla

My how this semester flewww by! As this is my final blog, I figured I would write a little about how much I ended up enjoying playing Xbox (Sorry Mark!). Like I said, I initially chose Xbox as an option in hopes of maybe understanding this online gaming phenomenon...but even then, I think my plan was to "understand" and learn the games but still think the whole epidemic was silly. Well that plan failed.

I actually enjoy playing Xbox. Obviously it took me a while to warm up to it because I was bad. As a super competitive person, I hated playing certain games with people because they'd been playing for what seemed like forever, while I was sitting there just learning. FIFA was never my favorite because not only did I not know what button did what, I don't really understand the game of soccer, which made my learning curve much greater. However, once I found my "true calling" you had to pry the controller from my hand!

Call of Duty: Black Ops. I still encourage everyone to try the Zombies mode on this game..it is soooo awesome! It is by far my favorite Xbox Live game that I have been fortunate enough to play. I said during my presentation that I wanted to unlock certain codes which would enable me to turn into JFK and other famous people..but that never ended up happening...at least in time for my final blog! I definitely plan on continuing my new obsession with Xbox and specifically Zombies...it's a crazy competitive adrenaline rush!

So although my initial plan backfired, I am grateful that I gave Xbox a try. I'm not like a psycho junkie or anything, like I can go a few days without playing! But it is sooo addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment