Monday, October 4, 2010

Blog 3: i-dosing

I had never heard of i-dosing before our discussion last week. I don’t have a myspace account but I did back in the good ol’ days, and I don’t want to do Chat Roulette because it seems really creepy. So by elimination I chose i-dosing. I did some research before I listened to it. Some of the articles were very contradicting. Even though there is no scientific evidence that this type of music (binaural beats-- listened to on headphones, they present one sound to one ear and a subtly different sound to the other ear) can actually give you a ‘high,’ but it has become the latest Internet moral panic. Oh no your kids are going to get fake high on a computer! Take the computers away?!? Just kidding. In all seriousness, when I listened to it all I did was dance. I tried to lie on my bed and concentrate telling myself to get high, but it didn’t happen. The music sounded like Europe techno-music that I used to dance to at the clubs when I lived abroad. I listened to Accuface "Millenium Bug" for ultimate i-Dosing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDjOnQddaB4. I even put it on in the kitchen and all my roommates and I did some crazy dance moves while making dinner. All in all it was a good laugh but I definitely don’t believe that i-dosing can get you high—it’s just a current fad that stupid teenagers are trying to do on the spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment