Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Practicum #2-Klay

I connected to the LambdaMOO server once again for the purpose of initiating the character creation process. This time, the primary spawning point, the linen closet had about 4 characters inside. I promptly began making a fool of myself as I forget some of the basic commands and mistyped some. I accidentally "said" the line to create a character revealing my pending new name and email address to which an inhabitant remarked interesting. Very quickly however, the inhabitants began to assist me. They were very accepting of any errors of I made and answered any of my questions. Immediately, I had been thrown into an intriguing experience. People there began to gossip about 2 characters and their relationship. Then, later, those 2 characters returned at which point there were some unkind words exchanged between one of the gossipers. This had reminded me of similar events I had witnessed in real life at different times.

This has revealed itself as far more entertaining than I had first imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment