Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Googling Myself


So I have to admit that this was not my first time Googling myself. I think ever since my friends and I realized in high school that we could look up things about our teachers (and ended up finding some pretty hilarious stuff...) I've been interested in what would happen if I decided to Google myself! Over the years the search results have changed somewhat. There are LOTS of Julia Bass's out there apparently...all of their Facebook pages come up, but not mine! So I guess the security settings I've set are actually working. So, nice job FB. One recurring topic that arose throughout my personal Googling experience was links to bass guitar tabs for the song "Julia" by the Beatles, and other random songs that include the name Julia. There were links to other Julia Bass's LinkedIn profiles, but not mine. I found it interesting that the #1 hit was another Julia Bass's Twitter page, while my Twitter page was not to be found.

The "Julia Bass" Google results have changed enormously over the years, but there has been one VERY weird site that continues to always come up. It is now on page 4 (used to be on page 1) but still comes up. Apparently there is a bar called JULIA BASS in Japan? Not really sure. Here's a screen shot...

1 comment:

  1. I'm also very impressed that my facebook security settings are quite effective. And it is hilarious that there is a bar named JULIA BASS~ hahah, you should totally visit it one day!

    ReplyDelete