Monday, November 8, 2010

Blog #5

As expressed by other students, I use YouTube a lot in my day-to-day life. Whether its receiving funny videos from friends, catching speeches that I missed, watching athletic highlights, or just listening to music I do not own, YouTube is an awesome site. I remember learning about it back in high school and it was basically over for me from there. I spend tons of time on it now. Today I watched a video of a dancing cockatoo named Frostie. He is dancing to some rap song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b4do9Ylkng&feature=player_embedded) I am not familiar with but I got a pretty big kick out of it. This past week I used YouTube to watch Feingold's speech after the election results because I missed it that night. I think it is great that we have access to so many different types of videos on YouTube, not just the latest viral videos.

Hulu on the other hand is a site that I don't use that often, but I have watched a few episodes of shows that I've missed. I think it is another great resource for people with busy lives that cannot plan their schedules around watching one of their favorite shows. I do not watch that many prime time TV shows these days, but I did catch one of the latest episodes of The Office yesterday night for this assignment. The minimal amount of commercial interruptions and HD quality videos on Hulu are great. I'll probably end up using this site more in the future to watch old episodes of TV shows from past seasons as well.

Both sites are great for entertainment, sharing media, and representing Web 2.0!

No comments:

Post a Comment