Monday, November 8, 2010

Hulu & YouTube

There probably isn't a day that goes by that I don't use either YouTube or Hulu. Like most people, I use YouTube mainly for music videos or to watch the latest "viral video" (i.e. the Bed Intruder). Lately I've been obsessed with Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" and so I have probably watched her video on YouTube at least 10 times. One thing that I will say about YouTube is that I hate now that once a video becomes popular, it has an ad placed in front of it. This week, even though I've watched it a few times, I watched the Teach Me How to Bucky music video and I still love it. I love that YouTube allows anyone to easily upload videos and gives YouTube video-makers the platform to express themselves. YouTube is great for quick video snippets and is also super easy to share with friends via Facebook or Twitter.

This past summer I became obsessed with Hulu. I had previously only used it for watching episodes of shows that were currently on air that I had missed. This summer, while I was working I watched the first 5 seasons of Lost - all thanks to Hulu. I know I complained about the commercials before YouTube videos but for some reason the commercials in the middle of the Hulu vids don't bother me nearly as much. This is probably because when I watch a full TV program, I expect to see atleast 20 minutes of commercials but thanks to Hulu I only see a few minutes. This week, I watched the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy on Hulu. I would much rather use Hulu to watch shows on ABC because ABC's video player doesn't work nearly as well as Hulu does. The thing I love the most about Hulu is that it is free, and I hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment