Thursday, November 11, 2010

Media Fandom 3

One trend I have noticed is that a common theme for discussion board posts is gossiping about the show.Yes, I understand that the point of the forum is to discuss what happens within and outside of the show's context. However, the "posters" will literally go through the episode, piece by piece, and nitpick little details that they see a problem with. While some comments are funny, after you read 20 pages worth of the same shiznit, it gets a little annoying. Look at this for example:

prosperity2day (Loyal Viewer): "I didn't click on the link about Phaedra's comment and don't want to. I said when she first came on the show, there was something not quite right about her. She says a lot of things that make me really wonder about her state of mind so it wouldn't surprise me if she said something totally ridiculous and those looks she gives from the side of her eyes have me SMH.She is suppose to be a lawyer but how can she be an ACTIVE lawyer when she's having a baby AND filming a reality show at the same time? And I see NeNe is appearing on Celebrity Apprentice and already is acting a bigger fool than she does on RHOA. I don't think I can put the link on here but check out today's TMZ."

It's hard to make comments after reading what others have to say because I feel like everything has already been said a hundred different ways, and I would just be beating a dead horse at this point.

For anyone out there who's reading, why do you think gossip is such a common trend for discussion boards such as the ones that I've been posting on? Do you have any suggestions for how I should approach these comments or what I can do to add to the conversation?

No comments:

Post a Comment