Monday, November 1, 2010

Practicum #3

An exciting update about my practicum project: Twitter has now become one of my top sites I visit every day. Typically, I check my email, Facebook, along with a couple other sites (pretty standard for most people) several times throughout the day, and now I check my Twitter on a daily basis as well. I think this goes to show the impact of Social Networking Sites on our lives and how we as a society rely on them so heavily. I had only been on Twitter a couple times before the semester began and now I check it a couple times a day! I've also been trying out the different applications available on the site, such as the mobile Twitter updates. Also, since my presentation I have gained some more followers, which made me pretty excited!

1 comment:

  1. I am not at all surprised that you have gotten so involved with Twitter as it is pretty addicting. I got it it less than a year ago and I have steadily found myself more dependent on Twitter. I use Twitter as my main news source, which as we discussed in class today, may actually be a negative thing. Do you think skimming the headlines is sufficient to be aware of what is going on in the world?

    ReplyDelete