Monday, November 15, 2010

Presentation Questions (Practicum 4)

Hey all,

My presentation is on this Iphone app I used called ARIS. Stealing straight from their website: ARIS is a tool for you to make mobile games, tours and interactive stories. Using the GPS and QR Codes, ARIS players will experience a virtual world of interactive characters, items and media placed in physical space.

My questions are:
1. How much time do you spend on your smart phone daily on average?
2. Do you think playing Internet based smart phone games are as satisfying as playing games on computers/Wiis? Why?
3. Do you think that Internet based phone games will take over the game industry in the future? Why?

2 comments:

  1. I have a smart phone and rarely ever play games on it; partly because I would have to download them and I'm not ready to do that. I have never been a big gamer so I can't say whether playing a game on your phone is as satisfying as playing Xbox 360 or something. However, my brother is a HUGE gamer and I just cannot see him or his friends having "gaming" nights around their smart phones. I think that the internet phone games are way behind gaming systems like the Wii, Xbox Kinex,and playstation. I think it will be pretty hard for them to catch up in the gaming industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Blackberry, and I spend quite a bit of time on it to read emails and text everyday, but I don't ever play any games on it. I think if I had an iPhone I might download a few games, but the Blackberry app store isn't really focused on gaming as much as the iPhone app store is. The touch screen opens up a lot more possibilities for games. I agree with Krista that smartphone games are definitely behind, and people who do play PS3, Xbox, Wii, etc. probably don't find as much satisfaction gaming on their phones, as the capabilities of smart phones lend a much more limited experience.

    ReplyDelete