Tuesday, November 9, 2010

YouTube vs. Hulu: Whip Your Hair

 Although both websites are free to use with what seems like millions of videos to choose from, there are big differences between YouTube and Hulu.

The video I chose to watch on YouTube is a mashup of sorts with the music of Willow Smith's “Whip My Hair” (you know, I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH) and the video of Sesame Street's “I Love My Hair.” I chose to watch this video instead of Willow's original music video because it's an example of the fan films that Liz talked about in lecture yesterday. Also, it's both adorable and awesome. Click here to see it.

While Sesame Street is on Hulu, you only get official clips from specific episodes on that site, including the original “I Love My Hair,” which is what I chose to watch on Hulu. The song is also on Sesame Street's YouTube channel, but without the irrelevant ad for Call of Duty: Black Ops in the beginning like on Hulu. Despite that, I was happy that I got to see the clip without an annoying 30-second ad before it. Maybe because this clip, compared to full episodes of shows like Glee, is short?

No comments:

Post a Comment