Sunday, December 5, 2010

Blog #7 Tracking

I tracked my computer usage this afternoon.

I checked my facebook and tweeted using my phone when I woke up, and I'm not sure if I should consider them a part of my "computer" usage.
On my computer:
I checked my email first, I spent around an hour reading emails, replying emails, and writing new emails.
Then I spent the next 2 hours doing work for AIESEC-the student organization I'm involved in. So this part including creating documents, searching information on our website, gchatting with my boss and teammates, writing more emails and etc.
Then I opened both facebook and twitter again, and spend around 30 mins looking at links and other stuffs on both sites.
I then got bored, and moved to my living room with my computer as I turned on TV. There really isn't that much on Sunday afternoon basic cable. So I started looking at news on CNN.com.
After that I replied/wrote more emails.

So to summarize, email is probably the place I spent most time everyday. Mainly because I have to deal with the daily operations of my organization. The rest of the time is probably equally distributed to facebook, twitter, cnn, and wisc.edu. Seems pretty boring too.

And when I started thinking about, I probably spent around 6-8 hours a day on internet. That's kind of scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment