Saturday, December 11, 2010

Practicum 6- Krista

Today in Second Life, I tried to explore different kinds of places in the world. In the destination guide there is a tab that lets you pick what specific destination you are looking for. For example, I have visited chat hot spots, discussions, fashion, and a bunch others. Today I decided to first explore the cosmic category. None of the places sounded that interesting so I just picked one called Alien Isles and teleported there. It was supposed to be like this alien world where you could explore and customize your own alien avatar, but it was just kind of weird. When I first teleported there this was the message that I read..

"No nudity, no weapons please. No hassling visitors with offers of sex or vampire bites. This is a family friendly area, please take sexual escapades elsewhere. "

The funny thing is that I have seen people naked in Second Life, I have been "bitten by a vampire", but I haven't ever witnessed "sexual escapades". It was just kind of funny that it straight up said that when you got to this place. I didn't really ever think of any place in SL as a "family friendly" place. Anyways, after that I selected a business place to visit where I actually went into this building that had all these conference rooms set up, and you could go in and play an audio which taught you how to be a better sales person. There were even power points on the wall. If I were a sales person, I might have actually benefitted from the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment