Monday, December 13, 2010

Practicum #7 - Cailley


Over the time I’ve spenton Foursquare, I’ve come across a mystery. In all of my fake check-ins, there’s one person who is the mayor of a lot of what I come across. His name? Douche Le’Rouche.

His picture: a guy with a trucker hat on a tilt, and not one, but two polos with popped collars. I’ll let you be the judge of such an ensemble.

I finally looked up this guy on FourSquare today. He has 10 badges, but holds mayorships at 23 different places! And his mayorships are largely held at places popular within Madison’s nightlife. Just a few include State Street Brats, the Red Shed, Monday’s, Madhatters, the Kollege Klub, Wandos and Whiskey River Saloon.

So this one guy pretty much has a monopoly on all things nightlife in Madison.

This guy doesn’t just check-in everywhere, though, he is also sure to leave tips. All of total quality. Check out the image I added to get a taste of Douche Le’Rouche.

I’m guessing this guy’s name isn’t really Douche Le’Rouche. So what comes to mind with him is identity tourism. Most people on FourSquare stick to their real identities, so this is the first time I’ve come across anyone creating a fake persona.
Along with trucker hats and polos, this character has a personality that can be detected through his check-ins. He largely sticks to places people go to have fun (bars, restaurants), and the tips he leaves at places are all, well, douche-y. And he's a popular guy: a lot of his tips have been liked by others.

Anyway, read his tips and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that is ridiculous.
    Funny story, though: I'm one of the Foursquare Campus Ambassadors for UW, and another person just brought him up in our Facebook group suggesting that he was cheating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking you have to cheat to be mayor of 23 places...or you are a college dropout. One or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. I definitely agree with Cailley! Something totally cool tho..the other night my friend checked in his foursquare at BBQ and got drink deals. So as a poor college student, I'm thinking it could be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete