Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Practicum #8: All done? Not quite.

So, when I finish my paper and turn it in tomorrow, the practicum project will officially be over.
Only...not quite for me. Not yet, anyway.
As (I think) I said at the beginning of the project, getting to create my own personal homepage for class was perfect because I had been meaning to do it anyway.
I don't know what's going to happen next. I'm still going to update my homepage, whether it's on weebly.com or somewhere else, but I have to work on a lot of things to really create the identity that I want to establish online (that of a college senior who, partially, wants to give women's sports the coverage she feels they deserve...and other things yet to be determined).
Like I said in my last post, I'm going to start learning HTML over winter break and take those classes that DoIT offers when school starts again.
Also, I'm going to work on my identity through Twitter and Facebook - I'm going to make those less personal and more professional.

Hopefully this project was the start of something good - like a job after college...

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about my practicum project...learning to use Twitter and setting up an account was something I had been meaning to do anyway. I'm glad you were able to get something out of this project like I was. And I think you make a good point about making our Twitter and Facebook more professional at this point. Hope the HTML classes go well!

    ReplyDelete